Handbagdesigner-Interview: Mel Boteri



Heute stellen wir euch in einem ausführlichen Interview die Designerin Melanie Botero und ihr Label Mal Boteri vor. Weitere Fotos folgen in den nächsten Tagen: 


Where are you from?
Atlanta, Georgia USA

What is the name of the label?
Mel Boteri

What is the idea behind the name?
Much of my motivation to design and become a success derives from my family who has instilled in me a set of values which influence and shape me as an individual. My mother is a strong Colombian woman who has taught me to be loyal to myself and to others, to pursue all of my dreams, and to enjoy every moment of my life as if it were the last.  My father is an industrious German who has instilled in me a high self-esteem, an intense desire to be successful, and accountability for the decisions I make in my life.  These values are the foundation of whom I am today, and they will ultimately become the foundation of what my business will become in the future.  Mel Boteri therefore stems from Melanie, the name chosen for me by my German father, and Botero, my mother’s Colombian maiden name.    

What is the inspiration behind your collection?
Much of my inspiration to design comes from the beautiful and powerful women in my life.  Each handbag style is therefore named after a special friend, family member, mentor, or acquaintance that in one way or another has left a lasting impression on me.  The LOLA, for example, is named after my maternal grandmother who was a classic, chic and elegant Colombian woman who through my mother taught me to be loyal to myself and others, to pursue all of my dreams, and to enjoy every moment of my life as if it were the last.  By naming my bags after these amazing women, I feel I am displaying my appreciation for the mark they have had on my life. 

Since when do you run your own collection?
I launched the handbag line in September of 2009.

How or why did you start designing bags?
During a short stint living in New York City, I came to realize that most retailers have confused their huge inventory of product choices with giving us what we want when in fact these “choices” are dictated by retail buyers and pushy salespeople.  I felt uninspired and frustrated in a sea of sameness, and by the overload of styles that did not meet my unique needs or sizing.  I started designing custom handbags to renew the inherent power of fashion which allows you to express yourself based on your personal style and creativity.  Each design was created to simply provide a basic silhouette, but each client becomes the true designer as they are empowered to create products and services precisely as they want them.

Do you exhibit on trade fairs?
No, not yet.

What kind of materials do you use in your collection?
Calf-skin, suede, and patent leathers in all colors and finishes (faux croco, snake, ostrich, etc.)

Do you have a website?
www.melboteri.com

No Response to "Handbagdesigner-Interview: Mel Boteri"

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 
TopOfBlogs

Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes