Handbagdesigner-Interview: Coco Barclay


Heute stellt uns die Designerin Coco Barclay ihr gleichnamiges Handtaschenlabel vor: 


Where are you from?
I'm from the shores of Lake Michigan  U.S.A.

What is the name of the label?
Coco Barclay ( also my name )

What is the idea behind the name?
actually , it was my pre married name, therefore semi - discarded (just waiting to be recycled!)

What is the inspiration behind your collection?
functionality, form, and fun.

Since when do you run your own collection?
I have not really been keeping track of that but I have been involved with bags for about 4 years but did not really show them till last September at Top Drawer ( a trade show )

How or why did you start designing bags?
I dipped my toes into different accessory / interior waters before I got " the calling ". It is fantastic to be involved in designing something which people need as well as use as well as wear.

Do you exhibit on trade fairs?
Yes I am just starting to look at different shows and have been at Top Drawer and Pure so far.

What kind of materials do you use in your collection?
I avoid all plastics ( unless recycled ) because they are a false economy and bad for the planet. I use natural materials such as waxed Italian leather , American cottons ( often vintage )and I use linen and linen unions.

Do you have a website?


No Response to "Handbagdesigner-Interview: Coco Barclay"

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 
TopOfBlogs

Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes