Handbagdesigner-Interview: Marissa Del Rosario


Marissa Gomes die Designerin und Besitzerin des Labels Marissa Del Rossario erzählt uns heute im Interview die Hintergründe zu ihrem Label: 

Where are you from?
I'm from sunny California.  But my family has immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines. I believe that the merging of these two cultures helped shape and inspire my creativity. Through my love for travel and learning about different cultures, languages, and arts, I am able to channel this creativity into designing my handbags.    
What is the name of the label?
Marissa Del Rosario is the brand name for my high-end leather handbag company.

What is the idea behind the name?
I find that my eponymous brand name reflects my lifetime aspiration as a designer. It just follows naturally that I use my name to embody all my efforts and enjoyment in taking the leap of faith to start my own company.   Also by putting my name out there,  I am taking on the responsibility not only for the quality of my products but also the conscience of the company.

What is the inspiration behind your collection?
The Zip Line collection is about using a normally functional item into a thing for embellishment. The zippers, especially the silver-gold-silver arrangement, offer a new way to bejewel handbags. I am practical person and so I like the idea of using an everyday item to create detail without being too heavy on the pocket.  This translates to very affordable high-end bags!

Since when do you run your own collection?
The Zip Line collection, my second, is for the 2010. I believe the Zip Line is a more cohesive, well-thought out grouping and proof of my maturity as a designer.

How or why did you start designing bags?
Professionally, I worked as an operating room nurse.  My dream to be become a designer came to fruition in 2007 when my career slowed down enough to allow me to start Marissa del Rosario handbag company.

Do you exhibit on trade fairs?
I am currently designing a few pieces for the Fall season and attend the California/L.A. mart show in July.

If yes, which one?
See above.

What kind of materials do you use in your collection?
Thus far, I have used cow leather & calf suedes.  I am thinking of using fabric such as denim or canvas in combination with leather for immediate production.  We will see...

Do you have a website?


No Response to "Handbagdesigner-Interview: Marissa Del Rosario"

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 
TopOfBlogs

Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes